Your documentary photographer + lawyer co-written contract covers all the service essentials:
- Payments, Refunds, & Cancellations (if client cancels, if you need to cancel)
- Detailed outline of services + extra costs clients need to be aware of up front
- Image Ownership & Copyright
- Final Image Delivery (online gallery)
- Venue Release
- Accidental Destruction or Loss
- Release of Liability
- Model Release
- BONUS: Separate Model Release
Remember, contracts are for your protection and also to help clients feel at ease.
This contract was made specifically for documentary family photographers. That means we created this to speak to some of the sensitive topics we come across too—all added by request from several documentary family photographers.
- Unattended children & their safety
- Protection from injury & damages
- Exit protection for your safety (pets, harassment, any other unsafe situations that may arise)
- Liability release from the context of the photos + clearly states what client should do if they do not want something photographed
- Release from results (clients are clear you aren’t promising specific results)
- Client request to stop shooting does not stop your timeclock during shooting
You’ll receive an editable file (Microsoft Word document) to make this contract your own.